Life is a journey complete it
Pretty cool message. Don’t you think so? A bit philosophical as well. And we found it on a road sign.
The highways in Ladakh have a whole bunch of them. Most of them are quiet clever and funny. They were different from the usual run-of-the-mill signage we usually see. If you have a liking for word play, you would surely enjoy these road signs.
These are actual road signs we saw on our trip:
- Drive on horse power and not on rum power
- Be gentle on my curves
- Shortcuts may cut your life short
- Be soft on curves
- Don’t be a gama in the land of lama
- Enjoy my curves, don’t hug them
- Drive slow to avoid grave below
- Natural beauty: enjoy it but not while on wheel
- Drive like hell and you will be there
- Be Mr. late not late Mr.
- Go slow and enjoy natural beauty
- Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer
- Life is short don’t make it shorter
- After whiskey drive is risky
- Speed is a knife that cuts life
- Fast don’t last
- Safety on road “save tea” at home
- Check your nerves on my curves
- East or west safe driving is the best
- Eager to last then why fast
- Best of the drivers are aware that they must beware
- This is highway not die way
- Mountains are pleasure if you drive with leisure
- Safety is no accident
- Three enemies of the road liquor speed and overload
- Trees don’t grow on money either
- Trees on, carbon dioxide gone
Do you have a story to tell about your Ladakh experience? Drop in a comment or send us a mail. We will definitely reply. All the interesting tales will be published in a special feature.